Kicking off the new year with new webinars, GARD-P continues its successful REVIVE series in 2022. For this webinar, the following speakers will be included:
– Ranmini Kularatne, National Institute for Communicable Diseases (South Africa)
– Saiq Mullick, University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa)
– Francis Ndowa, International Union against STIs (Zimbabwe)
– Catherine Martin, University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa)
– Amir Schroufi, GARDP (South Africa)
– Remco Peters, The Foundation for Professional Development (South Africa)
The speakers will give the following presentations:
Presentation 1: Public health and emerging issues: Gaps and challenges in current surveillance activity AMR, surveillance systems, and groups at high risk of STI acquisition and resistance (Ranmini Kularatne)
Presentation 2: Implementation challenges: Treatment uptake, return for treatment, treatment completion, partner notification, health systems issues and M&E gaps (Saiqa Mullick)
Presentation 3: Clinical challenges: Syndromic management limitations, Limited treatment options, Management of treatment failures (Francis Ndowa)
Presentation 4: Patient perspective: DCE on service delivery preferences for STI care amongst youth in South Africa (Catherine Martin)
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion with Teodora Wi (WHO), Nicola Low (University of Bern), Thato Chidarikire (NDH), Cecilia Ferreyra (FIND), Fernando Pascual Martinez (GARDP) and Sam Phiri (Partners in Hope Malawi).
Audience questions will be answered at the end of the webinar.
Date and time:
26 January 2022, 14:00-15:30 CET. Find more time zones here.
Register here for this live webinar: